Bachelor of Arts
The B.A. programme run by Morigaon College is recognized by the University of Gauhati and follows the syllabus prescribed by the university. Our students are allowed to choose any four subjects from the pool of Anthropology, Assamese, Economics, Education, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology and Computer Application. In compliance with the Choice Based Credit System, there is no subject bar in the college. Along with the degree programme students are given the opportunity to avail a certificate course to enhance skills and self-employability. Through B.A. programme our students meet the prescribed standards of general humanities education. Some learning outcomes include:
After completion of the B.A. programme, students develop social, political, historic, economic and literary consciousness. They acquire knowledge in various aspects, both regional and international. This makes them sensitive and sensible enough to appreciate different civilizations, cultures. In the three-year duration, they will cultivate in their minds to ask questions before accepting a thing or situation. They are better aware with contemporary developments in the world and develop a sociological sensibility to critically understand the social phenomena that affects their lives. Students also learn two languages with good communication skills. At the end of the programme, they usually will have advanced reading, writing, speaking, interpretive and composition skills in both languages.
Leadership: During the programme, the students got the opportunity to horn their leadership quality through participation in seminars, group discussions, educational tours, elections and various inter-departmental competitions. The students will be ignited enough to think and act over for the solution of various issues prevailed in the human life to make this world better than ever.
With completion of the B.A. programme, the students will be eligible for employment in public and private sectors. With communicative, analytical and reasoning skills they place themselves in ideal situation for jobs in the area of banking, insurance, marketing, tourism, media, hospitality, and other industries. Students also become employable in non-governmental organizations. The program also empowers the students to appear for various competitive examinations conducted for public sector jobs. The general humanities education equips them to clear competitive exams.
This programme provides the students the required base to be the responsible citizen of the country. The course is designed in such a way that it lays particular emphasis on human values. It equips them to think critically about the issues of contemporary relevance and hold an informed opinion on them. After graduating from the college, students become responsible towards environment, sensitive to the cultural diversity of the country, aware about our past glories and accountable to public property.
After the B.A. programme, the students are eligible for choosing post graduate programme of their choice.
Bachelor of Science
The B.Sc. programme run by Morigaon College is recognized by the University of Gauhati and follows the syllabus prescribed by the university. Our students are allowed to choose any four subjects from the pool of Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Zoology. In compliance with the Choice Based Credit System, there is no subject bar in the college. Along with the degree programme students are given the opportunity to avail a certificate course to enhance skills and self-employability. Through B.Sc. programme our students meet the prescribed standards of general science education. Some learning outcomes include:
After completion of the B.Sc. programme, students develop the following: Scientific (Critical) Thinking: Ability to take informed actions after identifying the assumptions that frame our thinking and actions, checking out the degree to which these assumptions are accurate and valid, and looking at our ideas and decisions (intellectual, organizational, and personal) from different perspectives.
Effective Communication: Ability to communicate clearly in person and through electronic media in English and in one Indian language, and make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, books, media and technology.
Ethical Living: Ability to recognize different value systems including your own, understand the moral dimensions of your decisions, and accept responsibility for them.
With completion of the B.Sc. programme, the students will be eligible for employment in public and private sectors. With communicative, analytical and reasoning skills they place themselves in ideal situation for jobs in the area of power stations, Forest, Zoological Atmospheric centre, Chemical and drug factories, Zoos, Aquariums, Television Channels, Veterinary Hospitals, Animal Clinics, Colleges and Universities, Research, Wildlife Management Firms, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Pest Control Companies, Animal Care-taking Providers, Museums, Botanical Gardens, Conservation organizations and many more. After completing the course, the students may be self-employed in the field of gardening, Agriculture (scientific methods), electrical and electronics appliances, software developer and Food production and preservation etc.
Values: This programme provides the students the required base to be the responsible citizen of the country. The course is designed in such a way that it lays particular emphasis on moral values. It equips them to think critically about the issues of contemporary relevance and hold an informed opinion on them. After graduating from our college, students become responsible towards environment, moral values and scientific view.
Advance Study: After the B.Sc. programme, the students are eligible for choosing post graduate programme of their choice.
Programme Outcome: Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM)
PO1: Enables learners to get theoretical and practical exposure in the commerce sector which includes Accounts, Commerce, Marketing, Management, Economics, and Environment etc.
PO2: Develops communication skills and build confidence to face the challenges of the Corporate World.
PO3: Enhances the capability of decision making at personal and professional levels.
PO4: Makes students industry ready and develop various managerial and accounting skills for better professional opportunities.
PO5: Develops entrepreneurial skills amongst learners.
PO6: Strengthens their capacities in varied areas of commerce and industry aiming towards holistic development of learners.
PO7: Thus, after completing their graduation learners develop a thorough understanding of the fundamentals in Commerce and Finance.
1. Students enrolled under this programme gain knowledge and skill in the fundamentals of animal sciences, understands the complex interactions among various living organisms
2. Will be able to analyze complex interactions among the various animals of different phyla, their distribution and their relationship with the environment
3. Could apply the knowledge of internal structure of cell, its functions in control of various metabolic functions of organisms.
4. Understands the complex evolutionary processes and behavior of animals
5. Could correlates the physiological processes of animals and relationship of organ systems
6. Instill an understanding of environmental conservation processes and its importance, pollution control and biodiversity and protection of endangered species
7. Gain knowledge of Agro based Small Scale industries like sericulture, fish farming, butterfly farming and vermicompost preparation.
8. Understands about various concepts of genetics and its importance in human health.
9. Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities in delivering his duties.
Programme Outcome: Bachelor of Computer Applications
Students who choose BCA Programme, develop the ability to think critically, logically, analytically and to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core development of solutions in the form of Information technology. The knowledge and skills gained with a degree in Computer Science prepare graduates for a broad range of jobs in education, research, government sector, business sector and industry. The program covers the various essential concepts in Computer Science. The course lays a structured foundation of Computer fundamentals, Numerical methods, Data structure, Algorithm and Complexity analysis, Software Engineering, Programming Concepts in various languages(C, C++, Java etc.), Computer Networking, System Administration, Operating System, Computer Architecture, Microprocessor, Web technology, Computer Graphics and Database management system etc. An exceptionally broad range of topics covering current trends and technologies in computer science: Advanced web technology, Mobile application, Animation, Data mining etc. Also, to carry out the hand on sessions in Computer lab using various Programming languages and tools to have a deep conceptual understanding of the topics to widen the horizon of students’ self experience.
The completion of the BCA Programme shall enable a student to:
1. To communicate technical information both orally and in writing
2. Apply the knowledge gained in core courses to a broad range of advanced topics in 3. computer science, to learn and develop sophisticated technical products independently. 4. To design, implement, and evaluate computer-based system, process, component, or 5. program to meet desired needs by critical understanding, analysis and synthesis 6. Identify applications of Computer Science in other fields in the real world to enhance the
7. career prospects
8. Realize the requirement of lifelong learning through continued education and research. 9. Use the concepts of best practices and standards to develop user interactive and 10. abstract application
11. Understand the professional, ethical, legal, security, social issues and responsibilities
BACHELOR OF VOCATIONAL : FOOD PROCESSING (AGRI)
1. Utilize knowledge from the physical and theoretical knowledge of processing and technology as a basis for understanding the role of food, food nutrients, dielectric, thermodynamic, rheology, physiochemical and chemical properties in food and the effects (health and disease processes), in food processing, R&D in food sector, new product development.
2. Comprehend industry practices for analysis of the chemistry and microbiology of food.
3. Students will be able to prepare and deliver effective presentations of technical information to food processing and technology professionals and to the general public.
4. Compare and contrast the operation of different food processing operations.
5. Evaluate good management practices (GMP) in supervision and management.
6. Employ GMP’s for producing safe and quality food products.
7. Identify and solve problems that may arise in food processing.
8. Demonstrate adequate preparation for career development through the solid acquisition in food processing technology skills.
1. To build capacities for identifying risk factors for disasters and disaster mitigations and to contribute better and more targeted public health based relief.
2. Identifications of natural and man-made disasters.
3. Capacity building of students for developing plans and conducting pre, during and post disaster management and mitigation measures including first aid.